It’s a good thing I like to leave a painting on my easel, which is just about 10 feet from my bed. I get to glance at it in all types of light, and see what I need to do to it. I noticed that at night, I could not see the stamens, because they were the same value (level of darkness) as the bottom on the tulip cup. So today, I made a lighter green with my optical white, naples yellow, and sap green. I applied some of this to the top 2/3 of each stamen with a stippling brush, making sure not to cover up some of the underlying optical darkness. I also added some optical white to the edges of some of the petals to brighten it up a bit. I’m very pleased with the results. The lighter stamens are actually making the insides of the flower appear more luminous and colorful.